Monday, June 8, 2009

My little nudist

And no, I am NOT sharing photos. I was seriously tempted when he was in the swing and things were strategically covered but...

Connor just loves to disrobe. First he went in the backyard this morning to play in the wading pool. I told him to wear his knit shorts that he had on. Next thing I know shorts and undies are laying on the ground and there he is in all his glory. This afternoon, he started in a swimsuit but again, there he goes naked. He swings naked, he sits in the rocks naked, he chases the dog naked. If the trampoline wasn't "out of order" I'm sure he'd jump naked. Why do I put up with it? I'm secretly hoping I can use his nakedness to finally get him potty trained. The kids is Mr. Independent in everything else (except of course sleeping by him self at all times--I still join him about once every week or two) and is completely capable of going potty but he still resists.

Sean was not naked boy except before bathtime. I kept him completely clothed at all times. In fact he also refused to potty train. Hmmm... maybe it's mama who has the issue--okay, I already knew it was me as I'm not good at structure. Therefore, I kept him fully dressed so no one would notice the boy who looked to be 5 or 6 (he was 3 1/2 when he trained, just tall) wearing a diaper. I just knew Connor would be out of diapers before his third birthday. I even heard about a technique to train kids under 1--of course I never tried it as I heard you had to take them to the potty every 30 minutes for up to a year! He can potty by his brother, his dad, on his own, in the backyard, in the neighbors front yard...but if Mommy asks he runs.

Hopefully, we will have a breakthrough soon. I'm trying the underwear route while we are at home. We had to discard one pair completely today (it was small anyway) but the next pair made it until he decided to run naked. Not sure where he pottied after that!

No comments: