Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Why is it that I feel the need to start each Not Me Monday with the fact that it's been forever since I've done Not Me's. Oh well, a dedicated blogger I'm not.

I did not stay up past midnight most nights last week finishing Halloween costumes for my boys despite the fact it's only been 3 weeks since I actually had an organ removed and I should be resting.

I did not say, yet again, next year I'll have taken a sewing class and this will not happen because I could whip up the costumes in a few hours if I wasn't sewing by hand.

I certainly did not tell my oldest child he had to stop wanting to be things that are hard to buy at the store, certainly not, especially since it was my idea to surprise him with a Sonic the Hedgehog costume!

I know I did not run around at the last minute trying to create a Scooby Doo costume even though Connor had originally said he wanted to wear his monkey costume from last year. Of course I couldn't possibly just buy the darn $40 costume from Target. No I must spend countless hours and gas to drive around and find a fleece outfit I can convert thus saving a few dollars (of course I can remove the spots and then it's just a warm outfit :-)

After all that, I know I didn't go to the Halloween party at the gym because DH complained that he couldn't work out if I stayed home--to rest considering the late nights, surgery and the fact he'd been out of town the preceeding weeks and I'd been alone to take care of the boys.

I certinaly did not NOT post the cute pictures of the boys because the one that best shows their costumes also includes me and I really hate how I look. I'm never that vain!

I did not skip church Sunday, after going to the party at the gym, then go to both Sean's makeup soccer game AND our church's Harvest Festival. I didn't use the excuse that I was too tired to make the 9 AM service and the 11 AM was cutting it too close to the soccer game.

Finally, I didn't respond to many people who asked how I was doing, that I was still waiting for the med's to kick in because I was told they would make me hyper, warm, and skinny but instead I was tired, cold and fat! I would never put myself down that way but since it elicited a laugh I said it several times...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sonic is going to be awesome! Make sure you put up lots of pics!

Staci said...

How funny that you mentioned that your son wanted to be the monkey that he was last year, my daughter wanted to be the monkey that she was last year too, but when she put the costume on it was way too small and I had to convince her that she needed a new one. This is why I had to cave in to buying her the Princess leia one at Target, because the Monkey one was WAY too small LOL!!