Monday, October 12, 2009

11 Days Post Surgery

So, having my thyroid out was not the most pleasant experience of my life. I do not like general anesthesia and it does not like me. It was really scary to not be able to wake up that first day. So scary I didn't even take any pain medicine until the following morning. Once I finally woke up I was afraid to get that out of it again. I do not like IV's nor do I like getting up every 2 hours to potty because of constant fluids. I do not like being woken up between my 2 hour potty breaks to be stuck and drained or checked for signs of life :-) The good news is there is no cancer. Of course, that makes me seriously wonder if the pain was worth it. The med's are weird. At first I felt energy and was hot (maybe a little too high a dose but nice after years of fatigue) but now I'm cold (it is cooler but not cold here) and tired all day but awake at night. I see my endo this week so I'll ask her about the dose.

Not sure how I'm doing overall (besides the not having cancer part of course). I think I'm up and around too much and tire myself out just trying to do the normal day-to-day stuff. Forunately, I'm doing okay because Mike decided to take care of me the days after my surgery by leaving the house with the children all day. Yes, it was quiet but the first day especially was a little scary being all alone and feeling that bad. I made it through though. Now I'm back to being a single Mommy while he's out of town all week for the next several weeks. Fortunatly, Connor has preschool 2 days of the week and my plan is to come straight back and rest while he's there. Wednesday he has a birthday party but hopefully my rest on Tuesday will have me up for that. Not looking forward to Wednesday evening either when I drop Sean at ckarate as Connor always wants to play on the playground--not sure I can keep up right now!

I actually seem to feel more tired this week than last. Possibly because after 2 years of drought it has rained almost every day for the last several weeks. It's cool, humid, muddy, damp and I'm sure the mold is off the charts. Not to mention, everything is blooming NOW even though it's October. Probably thinks it's Spring weather somewhere other than South Texas. Silly plants but oh, the pollen is evil!

Well I'm off for more Mommy chores. We're in the process of reclaiming and repurposing some rooms so I've got lots of moving of stuff to do!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Well, I am so glad that there is no cancer, and hope that y'all can figure your meds out. Hopefully you will have more energy in time too. You need to make sure you allot the time to recover. REST girl!! You will probably start to feel so much better if you can just rest. Praying for you!