Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I am not doing my first Not Me Monday post in forever!

I certainly did not cry and end up leaving church when I was questioned on whether or not my 2 year old was potty trained yet. Apparently they want to move him out of the nursery and "only 2 in the new class aren't already potty trained".

I'm not fairly annoyed because I had already explained the doctor had asked me to wait a month or two until the laxative he prescribed did it's job. I know I should have a more christian attitude, right???

I'm not annoyed because my DH is on the phone with me and I want to finish my Not Me's. I'm a sweet loving wife who always wants to talk to my hubby!

I was not a total whiney baby this weekend because it was my birthday and I was tired of never getting a cake or dinner. I got the cake but still had to make my own birthday dinner anyway. I of course feel terrible about being so whiney , except I don't since I really never make a big deal over it so once in 15 yrs of marriage isn't bad!

I didn't laugh when I saw MckMamas snow spring break picture and realize I was lucky to just have cold and rain over ours.

I didn't feel like dancing for joy on our trip to Fiesta TX (a few hours before the cold weather hit) because both boys LOVED Wiggle World. I didn't contemplate writing a thank you note to the Wiggles over in Australia. I also haven't made mental plans to go every week this summer to make the $250 I've already spent on passes worth it!

I don't totally love Facebook after not signing up for so long. Even if it's just cyber communication it's fun to keep up with family and catch up with old friends. Now if I can just not get my feelings hurt if someone doesn't accept my friend request so I'll feel more free to make them.

I'm not considering cutting my hair to my shoulders because DH loves it long and I just grew it out. I also don't secretly think I'm starting to look like an old lady with long hair!!!!

I'm not so done because DH is out of town and I want to put the boys to sleep early. Darn that Congress and their early DST. It looks like the middle of the day outside still! I'm so not contemplating blackout curtains for ALL the windows including the arch over the door. Oh well, at least the drought killed all the grass so the neighbor won't start his mowing at 8 tonight!

3 comments:

Becky said...

So if it makes you feel any better, my two year old isn't potty trained yet either. Sigh...well, actually she's 2 1/2.

Janet said...

I'm sorry about you being a little bummed on your bday! Oh, and girl, my son is nowhere close to being PTed and I am hoping he just does by the time he is 4! Ha!!

BTW, I was looking at Sea World, and Six Flags passes today because we are thinking of purchasing some. I read about the Wiggle World, and wondered if the kids would like it. That would be neat if we could meet up there sometime if we decide to get passes.

Hyacynth said...

Awww, I'm sorry you had to cook your own birthday dinner, but like you said, once in 15 years isn't bad!
And I love the blackout curtains ideas. That's how I feel every morning when DS wakes up as soon as the sun shines through his blinds.
Thanks for visiting my blog, too! I so cannot say I had it bad with the stomach bug because after all I wasn't in LABOR!! Jeesh; poor mama!