Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catch Up Time

Wow I can't believe the summer is over. Sean is almost done with his first week and Connor starts 2 days of MDO week after next. I think that's a little late but I guess it's because Labor Day is so late this year.

The coast trip was awful. The cottage that looked so nice online, while clean on the surface, was infested with very large roaches and at least one large spider. I finally ended up sitting in the middle of the bed I was sharing with Connor with the bathroom light reading all night. I could hear things moving around under the bed and Mike was in the living room/kitchen area chasing several roaches all night. The kids slept through it all. It was pretty close to being trapped in a horror movie for me with my bug phobia. The next day we moved to a nice newer condo on the other side of Rockport. It was very clean and would have been great except the air conditioner which was in the bedroom dripped/ran all night. It was worse than a drip but not consistent enough to be running so just really annoying. Needless to say by the last morning I was a zombie. The kids loved the beach though so we'll probably go back just not to the first place!

My trip to CA on the other hand was lovely. It was so fun to spend time with family. Going to Pat and Jim's house is like going to a bed and breakfast. The house was beautiful, there were mints in the bedrooms, the food was wonderful, wine flowed freely :) and the company was excellent. I really enjoyed the "Washington girls" as well. I haven't seen Rebecca and Patty since I was 15 so it was kind of like meeting new people. I'm lobbying for a TX Reunion next year so we can include more people. Only, they seem to be under the impression I can lead them on a Hill Country tour of our family homesites, etc like Aunt Muriel did. Oops, maybe I can read her book and map something out.

As far as my thyroid I'm having it all taken out on October 1. The ENT felt there was just too much chance of missing cancer cells due to the large size of the 2 nodules biopsied. Not to mention the many other smaller nodules. I'm hoping once the med's are all adjusted I'll actually be a little less tired, however, since there is an adjustment phase I'm going to try and lose a little weight before to avoid ended up worse than I am now before it's over. I surprisingly feel pretty okay about having surgery even though he gave me every worst case scenario including some that have never happened!

No comments: