Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation on the Horizon and other Changes in the Air

Wow, what a busy week it's been as far as changing our lives! Yesterday I finally made a decision on where to stay at Rockport and got the LAST cottage. It's a little smaller than I'd like but it will work. I came up with an idea last night to have Connor and myself sleep in the bedroom and have Mike on the futon with Sean in a sleeping bag. Mike likes to fish late into the night so he and Sean can have their adventure while Connor has privacy in the bedroom (hopefully to keep him asleep). I'm hoping, as other's have experienced, that the sea air will make him sleep like a log! Maybe Mommy can have some Mommy time with a book in the living room once Connor is asleep and the other "kids" are fishing. We'll see...

The other news is we are finally getting a boost in income with Mike starting a new job in 2 weeks. His current employer has cut salaries, cut the car allowance, and raised sales goals so few of the division managers can reach commission level. The new job pays more and includes a vehicle. We may end up trading his truck and my MKX on another leased MKX. This leaves me in a vehicle I'm not crazy about for another 3 years but may be the fastest way to get him out of the truck payment. My vehicle is pretty and luxurious but it's not getting the gas milage and I could really use a little more backseat and cargo room. What I WANT to do is get a nice inexpensive SUV that's about 4-5 years old (per Dave Ramsey) but considering how fast the value of our van we traded last year fell leasing was our best option. We'll see...

Connor is finally doing better on the potty thing. Yesterday we had a few bad accidents but none today so I'm hoping he can go to VBS next week. That will give me extra time to get ready for my trip that weekend. I still need to get my hair done and I haven't even made an appointment yet! Also, I need to lose 20 pounds before our trip this weekend, LOL! Okay, maybe I can go on a fruit diet and lose some water weight...

1 comment:

Janet said...

Sounds like you've got it all figured out! Lol! Hope y'all have a nice vacation!