Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I am not writing my first Not Me's in eons because I've been too lazy to keep up with my blog.

I certainly have not been trying to keep Connor asleep when I take Sean to school so I can put him in my bed and snooze with him. Not me, I'm up bright and early doing Mommy chores every day.

My downstairs is not an utter disaster because I watched my friend's son this morning and rather than plan lovely activities for him and Connor I let them pull every toy out of every basket, drawer, container...

That said I did not realize the other day that there are toys in 10 rooms in our house and if you count the Elmo toilet seat in the half bath downstairs we officially have toys in EVERY room in our house. So much for designating a toy room (the former dining room) and a game room (WII, Playstation, DVD player etc.)

I am not feeling sleepy after being up for only 5 hours and would not gratefully take a nap if I was willing to let Connor have one. However, since I don't want to be up until 11 reading him stories we will avoid naptime for either of us today!

I am not planning on visiting another MDO this afternoon so I can move my son out of the dark, loud room his current MDO thinks is an appropriate environment for 50 or so children for 5 hours.

I am also NOT still concerned about what our friends who teach at that MDO and are members of the church will think if we do pull Connor out. Okay I'm lying, I do care but I really really don't want to care so much about other's opinions of me. Especially when it comes to the good of my kids.

Finally, after all my complaining about the lack of rain, I am not secretly disgusted by the amount of mud in my backyard and glad the sun is finally shining today. Noooo, we desperately need water even if my yard is too far gone to benefit from it. I'm a giving soul who worries about the good of the community not the fact that the mud is being tracked in and the dog, who hates the house, is lonely enough to try and come in now--sorry, no muddy paws in the house now when you won't come in when you're clean. (I should note we have a patio and detached garage the dog can go in so she's not out in the elements!)

1 comment:

Alisha said...

thanks for the blog visit and comment! i definately DO NOT have toys in almost every room of the house either! nope, my child is always neat and tidy!