Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lots going on today

So Connor started his new preschool today. I ended up moving him to the church Sean went to. It's a bit more of a drive (about 5 minutes farther away) but I'm happier with it. He has one teacher instead of two but only 4 other kids. They may get 2 others but I still prefer the smaller class to a larger class and 2 teachers. Interestingly enough, when I picked him up early at the other MDO there was only 1 teacher in there. Another teacher asked his teacher to cover her class while she took a child to the bathroom as she was alone but of course she couldn't as she was alone as well. I'm pretty sure it was an everyday thing as I knew the other teacher had kids that needed to be picked up from school about that time. I also noticed the one day I picked him up at 3 the asst director was in there so there were 2 adults when the other parents came, hmmmm.....

Anyway, I sent an email because I hate anything that resembles a confrontation--even telling someone I'm pulling my kid out because their new classrooms are awful--and even then I feel guilty as if I did something wrong. Maybe I'm just too overprotective as obviously there were lots of kids still going there. Anyway, my decision is made and if people don't like it I guess I'll live with it!

As for me I had my pre-op appt today. The good news is they are giving me the medication the day after my surgery so I won't have to wait for the pathology report to come back. I hope the level they give me is enough to fight off the fatigue I've read about but at least I'm starting with something so that should help. I didn't realize I had to do so many tests at the hospital. I ended up with X-rays, an EKG and bloodwork. I still have to get a flu shot (I'd held off just in case but the doctor said get one ASAP) I managed to finish everything else in time to quickly eat a late lunch and go get Connor. The lunch isn't sitting well with me but I need to get the boys out for a walk for Sean's school project. It's cool and rainy so it will be a different kind of walk. Off we go!

No comments: