Sunday, December 7, 2008

Failure last night but pictures today

We tried, we really tried, then we caved! I caved in and rocked him to sleep. He woke at 1 and I rocked then put him in his bed. He woke and we tried to do it right again until Mike brought him in our room to go potty. Incidentally, he's not potty trained so I think he was manipulating Daddy! After that I rocked him again and at 3 or so Mommy got to go back to sleep. We slept until after 9 so little heathens that we are we skipped church. I deliberately kept him up all day and need to get him to bed ASAP. I hope tonight is better because Mommy is exhausted. I've moved his crib again and turned it back into a crib plus moved the rocking chair he uses to get out. I also moved the crib to an inside wall because I still think it might be related to all the kids who drive by all night with their stereo cranked.

I just spent a few hours making my card only to find out it can't be picked up at my target so now I'm going to start over with HEB. Since I'm so behind I can't afford to wait more than a day or two and HEB came through for me last year. I really liked how it looked at Target darn it.

The main reason I'm posting is because I finally downloaded photos from my camera. I'll post a few, all the way back to Halloween-yikes, so I can feel like I accomplished something today!


My little Curious George



Yes I made Daddy wear that but it was originally his idea




Just so you can get the full "yellow" affect! I had to dye the shirt and pants and we won't even talk about that darn hat!!!!



Sean as Cooper from the Playstation game Sly3, and no you cannot buy that costume in stores. It must be custom made by a Mommy who swears she is going to take sewing lessons but hasn't. Of couse it's so obscure that no one knew who he was but he was happy!





Finally, this will be my Christmas card photo. Now I just need to put it together again. Since I never plan ahead I can't get one done at a studio so it's candid photos only for my friends and family!

2 comments:

Becky said...

omg I love the Curious George costumes!! How cool that your husband would wear that!! I'd probably have to threaten my hubby - but it would SOOOO be worth it. You guys should have entered a contest or something :)

We'll be thinking about you tonight. I pray you'll get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Those costumes are GREAT! I love the full yellow--too crazy! I hope you get to get some well deserved sleep this week!