Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me Monday



I did not eat most of 2 pecan pies by myself over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

They certainly were not pies I made myself so I know exactly how much butter, and not margarine, and even Crisco (specially purchased because I never use the stuff!) they had in them. If I did I certainly wouldn't have consumed that many calories.

I also did not continue to eat the second pie after actually blogging that I was leaving it for the men in the house. That would make me a pig!

I did not still manage to lose a pound the other day, haven't checked since then, because that would mean my working out was paying off.

I did not get up with the crazies at 4:30 AM and head out to purchase toys for my children. That would be insane! However, had I done such a thing I would be proud to report that in San Antonio everyone was well behaved and at Target they were even waiting in a single file line for the store to open.

Had I gone out at an ungodly hour on Black Friday, I certainly would not have felt inclined to tell people I never did such a thing and only did it that day because HEB had DS's for $99 and Sean wanted one. That said I certainly did not get THE LAST ONE at 5:15 when the store opened at 5! People were well behaved but obviously much more desperate than I to have gotten there so early and snapped them up (I only got one because a lady put 2 down right when I was heading for the empty table to doublecheck that they were really sold out)

Since I was already up and out I certainly did not then head to my favorite store, Target, and wait 10 minutes until they opened at 6 AM. They did have a deal on Leapster games and I did need to grocery shop but I could have done that at HEB then gone home and made breakfast for my family.

While I wasn't at Target I certainly did not decide Mike didn't really need the Guitar Hero's game they had on sale. I know he secretly wants the game and I would not deprive him of it because I think it's silly and a little too old for our kids anyway. What wife wouldn't want to make her husband's dreams of being a rock star come true-sort of.

I did not then have to go back to Target yesterday because I left my food list in the car on Friday and was too lazy to go back out for it.

I certainly did not make sure Connor had a nap because I was now so sleepy I needed one myself. Connor needs his naps not grown up Mommies who should have gone to bed earlier if she was Not going to go out at 5 AM.

I didn't do 4 loads of laundry over the Thanksgiving weekend but still have a messy house and was secretly glad no one came over for the holiday.

I didn't get annoyed with DH when he kept staying at his parents Thanksgiving when I knew Connor would fall asleep on the way home because he didn't nap. What wife would deprive her husband of family on a holiday especially when she didn't get to see any of her own family.

When Connor did go to sleep I certainly did not shoot said husband dirty looks and mutter under my breath especially since Connor did then go back to sleep within an hour and sleep all night.

I did not really really miss my mother this holiday, especially since I didn't make her cornbread dressing and it really is better than any other.

I am not hiding upstairs in our almost completed office and letting Connor watch a movie so I could actually do my Not Me's early this time.

I am not really looking forward to the special SITSA day tomorrow so I can visit blogs and maybe get some traffic on mine.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is ready to start the next one. I need to dress myself and Connor and get ready for the gym!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you braved Black Friday--it looks like you got some good deals though! I have GOT to start some Christmas shopping--it seems like everyone else is done!

Lorie said...

Naps, who needs naps? I did not take 2 over the holiday weekend and did not long for one today.

LMP said...

I am glad everyone was well behaved at your area Target. They were pushing and shoving at the one by me. Luckily no one got hurt. I hope your husband enjoys Guitar Hero. I know my husband wants it as well for our son for them to play. Somehow I don't think our 6 year old is ready for it and it will be him hogging the Wii playing it for hours on end!

Happy Holidays!

Janet said...

I am impressed that you went out on Black Friday! I did for a bit, but not until way later! You should take a Christmas shopping trip up here! ;o) It could be fun! Lol!