Friday, December 5, 2008

Sleepless in San Antonio

Yes, Connor has decided to be up at night once again. Apparently the peaceful and restful Thanksgiving week was just a short-term gift. Last night was only an hour which would not have been so bad except Tuesday he was up from 3 AM on and would not sleep anywhere but on Mommy. Connor seemed to be fine the next day as he did sleep but of course with Connor's head crammed on Mommy's shoulder, Mommy did not sleep much. I did wake at 9 in my bed with some wild dreams going on so apparently I drifted off some but the dreams were so unsettling I think it made it worse.

Tonight since I'm delirious anyway I've decided it is time for him to grow up. I've turned his crib into a toddler bed. Of course we can't find the rails that actually came with the bed so I'm using the fold down rail from when Sean was younger. Just to be safe I've taped it, with packing tape, to the bars under the mattress. I also put the blanket I use as a rug back in his room and put a pillow under the edge of the crib. I'm hoping to find the actual rails in the storage unit tomorrow.

As for tonight I do not have high hopes. I honestly expect to spend most of the night putting him back in bed, but it's long overdue. We've done the whole CIO many times but every time he gets sick I revert to rocking. Before he could climb out of the crib would have been a much better choice to solve this, but then what would I have to complain about, LOL! Yes, knowing me I can always find something to complain about...

Unfortunately, bathtime seems to be winding down so it's time to start. My saving grace is that I can always tag-team with Mike so we can each get a few blocks of sleep. Now I'll need to convince Mike to return Connor to his bed without trying to reason with him about it. Mike honestly believes our boys will get it if he just explains it to them long enough. I'm going for the book advice, as far as I can tell pretty much every book out there, which is to make it so boring and annoying that the child will give up and sleep.

This post was going to be a post about all sorts of things you would never think about me or things I should be too embarrassed to admit. However, considering the lack of sleep, I'd probably give out way too much info and have to change my name and leave the country. I'll save that for a day when I'm more rested and hopefully have some restraint. Not too much though because why would that be fun! God Willing, seriously if you pray or even if you don't send up a word to HIM for me, Connor will miraculously love his new grown-up bed and stay in it. I should note though that he's already said he didn't want a grown-up bed. On the other hand, it's not exactly bringing Lazarus back to life, walking on water, rising from the dead, etc so maybe there's hope!

1 comment:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Awww, I hope things get better for you so you can get some rest. And so we can get the juicy stuff you're afraid to come out with!!