Monday, July 13, 2009

Contemplating God

Sometimes when I can't sleep I play this mental game where I pick a topic then try to think of a word for each letter of the alphabet. A few weeks back I thought to come up with a name or description of God (the Trinity). This is what I came up with.

A--Adonai
B--Beloved (okay that's maybe reaching but it flows better than bridegroom)
C--Christ
D--Divine
E--El Shaddai
F--Father
G--God
H--Holy
I--Immanuel
J--Jehovah
K--King
L--Lord
M--Messiah
N--Nazarene
O--Omniscient
P--Prince of Peace
Q--?
R--Redeemer
S--Savior
T--Truth
U--Undivided (as in the Trinity 3 in 1)
V--Victor
W--Warrior (think His return to the Mount of Olives)
X--?
Y--Yeshua
Z--Zion

Okay totally reaching on Zion as it's the city of God but I really think the word is beautiful, especially if you sing the song with my W. TX accent that appears at times "I'm marching to ZIIIIyawn, beautiful beautiful ZIIIyawn...

Anyway, I've found my thoughts drifting back to these words and I find they bring me peace. Maybe I've finally learned to meditate on God's Word or in this case my words about God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love this post! It brings peace to me.....especially in times like these!