Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation--as in we really need one

Where has the summer gone! My trip is in less than 3 weeks and then school starts the week after and we haven't done a darn thing except not sleep and try and potty train! We really really need to go somewhere since I was unknowingly pregnant the last time we had a vacation. Since Connor is 3 that is way too long. Plus they always have the kids wear a vacation shirt the first week of school and poor Sean never has one.

We need somewhere cheap or else I need to get a job. Of course that would involve paying childcare expense so that's pretty much out. I keep wondering if I could call Port Royal and see if they would make us a deal during the week for a few nights. I know most of those condos are empty so you'd think some money is better than no money right?

Oh well, I've been scouring the internet especially in Rockport as Glenn (my FIL) would like some of his ashes spread there. Since there wasn't a funeral or anything at least it would be some closure for Mike and the boys maybe. ugh, I am just not good at planning plus I don't know when Mike could get off or how we can get this all done before school starts 9/24. This has been a sad sad summer with way too few trips to the gym and gym pool plus almost no excursions anywhere including Fiesta TX. Between lack of sleep and PT I just haven't felt like it. Maybe I can make it up to the kids next week...

1 comment:

Janet said...

San Angelo is a cheap place to visit....but not as exciting as other places! Lol! Sorry you are down.