Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me Monday


Oh it's Monday again and I'm way behind. Looks like I'll be linking up to MckMama somewhere in the 100's or higher!

I did not continue to sleep until 9:30 this morning because it's the first night Connor has slept all night since last Tuesday! Not me, I used the extra time to clean my messy house, get dressed, feed Mike and Sean and do my bible study, NOT!

I am not currently listening to the kids fight downstairs but doing this instead because I haven't yet heard crying.

I am also not praying for the day school and MDO starts because I really really need a break from them, not me, I love every moment with my kids.

I haven't skipped church for a month because Connor refuses to potty train and I noticed he was the only one still bringing a backpack last time we went. Not me, I'd never deprive my soul out of embarrassment at my failings as a Mommy.

That said, I didn't continue to ignore Mike and put underwear on Connor praying he will finally decide it's time only to have him leave a special gift for us on the dining room carpet. That time it certainly wasn't because I took the pull up off and left him in just shorts and NO, Connor is not my puppy but rather my 3 yr old child!

Along the PT route, I have certainly not broken all the rules by using non-positive reinforcement (I mean we have been doing this for 6 mo's now!) and reminding Connor that big boys who go to VBS and school (MDO) can't go if they are wearing baby diapers. That would totally go against everything I've read and, hey darn it, why aren't those experts here at my house doing this for me anyway!

I didn't happen to mention to Mike last night that if Connor couldn't go to MDO in the fall because of the PT issue I was just gonna sell him. Seriously, who would want a spoiled rotten, non-sleeping, non-potty trained 3 year old. On the other hand he does have the prettiest eyes and I love his kisses, and when he falls asleep in my arms his little mouth is so cute...Okay, I guess I'll have to keep him even if he goes in Kinder in pull ups!

Wow, I know I didn't just write that many Not Me's about my PT issues with Connor. I'm not one of those boring SAHM's with nothing else to talk about. I have opinions and thoughts on the world today (does going to hell in a handbasket mean anything to you--see that's why I do my Not Me's about PT not the president!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

a preschool teacher a few years ago gave me some great PT advice- she has yet to see any of her pre-schoolers go to highschool in diapers so we as mommies have to "chill". My son was 3 and a half when he was finally trained, thought my daughter was going to be easier but were just now almost there and shes 3 and a half too!

great NMM's!

Tiff said...

Oh, I hear you about potty training stress. Don't worry, most of my friends boys were three and a half to four. One day it will just click and he will get it, and be trained in two days!

Cute blog!

Drahdrah said...

You're being WAYYYY too hard on yourself !!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words of support. I don't feel strong at all right now, and if it weren't for the help of so many family members, I don't think I would be able to continue with my mom. I am at a point where I just have to learn to let go, and let god in all areas so that the stress doesn't kill me !!! Your comment really helped me. Thanks again.

CulyQFun said...

Thanks for the visit last week.
I am returning the visit.

Cute blog. And I see my cousin-n-law visited too..Tiff. Small world.

And I am right there about the PT issues. We are just starting at 21months. We shall see how it works.

Kim said...

Don't be too hard on yourself... the day my son turned 4, yes 4, was when I reached my limit and said, ABSOLUTELY NO MORE diapers!!! We had tried so many times with no success but a 4 year old in diapers? I was through and I was determined he was too. He had 1 accident in the garage and after that we were home free.

I've noticed a lot of my Not Mes have to do with potty issues too. I made a conscience effort this week to steer clear of it. But it does bring giggles.

Best wishes and thanks for the blog visit!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've never potty-trained (singlehandedly) but I do know that he WILL get the hang of it eventually! As they say, boys tend to be older than girls when they finally get it down. You have such a beautiful family!