Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Facebook Fun

I've been MIA alot on FB lately but I must say I love how I'm "finding" people I haven't seen in 20 or more years. Last month I finally got to have lunch with a friend from elementary school (the stars aligned and we had no sick kids on the same day our kids were in school/preschool). We spent over 2 hours talking and that wasn't enough time.

Today I had lunch with my friend Stephanie from high school. One of the other girls in our little group that did everything together. It was great! I haven't seen her in more than 17 years. Unfortunately, the last time was at the funeral of one of our best friends. Today was certainly a more pleasant occasion. 17 years ago I had just met Mike so you can imagine how much we had to catch up on. We didn't even get close when I had to dash away to get Connor (yes, I was late but only a few minutes)

I really really need to get the house cleaned up and have a get together here. Funny thing is Kelley (elementary friend) and Steph live within 10 minutes of each other and only about 20 minutes from me. Provided it's not rush hour. Steph missed both Reunions so I wish we were having one this year. I'm wondering if maybe we can have some little get together here or even San Angelo even if it's not official. I love memories...

2 comments:

Janet said...

Yes, come to San Angelo!

I love reconnecting with people too. FB is great!

blouy21 said...

Hey, Deborah -

We are having a reunion sometime this summer. Get a hold of Chuck Brown on FB. Here is the website for the survey on dates:

http://www.doodle.com/qbhcy2vqi8ivi5rz

Debbie Martin