Monday, November 10, 2008

Not me Monday



I did not send DH and both boys to Krisy Kreme Saturday to watch them make donuts so I could have a quiet morning.

I certainly DID NOT then eat 3 donuts every day since then because that would be horrible when I'm trying to lose weight.

I did not skip church Sunday because Connor woke up at 5:30 and I knew he would need to nap about the time the service started. Of course it also wasn't because he would then take a very late nap pushing bedtime back and Sean has school on Monday requiring we wake up early.

When I did actually get Connor to sleep while renovation was taking place right outside his door I certainly DID NOT go into my room and go to sleep as well. That would be lazy especially since I need to catch up on housecleaning and laundry.

I did not hang out in my room watching not one but 3 soap operas (if you include One Tree Hill as a soap opera) at the same time during his nap today because I'm still behind on the housework and again, that would be lazy.

On that note I certainly have NOT become addicted to a teen soap opera even though I am as old or older than the parents on the show--and YES I do have a 2 1/2 year old at my age!

If I am addicted, I am certainly not so addicted that I finally learned to program my TIVO so I can record Monday nights during the boys bedtime.

I did not wake up with Connor 4 nights and 3 early mornings in the last 2 weeks then spend hours rocking him back to sleep. I could not have because I am not one of those mothers that is still rocking her toddler to sleep. No, not me, since he was 6months old I've been laying him down awake and he always goes to sleep quietly.

I also do not give in to his request for bedtime snacks (including the last of the Halloween candy) nor do I allow him to have juice when he wakes in the middle of the night while I lay on the couch half asleep. That goes against all the parenting books and I am too perfect a parent to do such a thing.

Finally, I did not just tell my DH that I was coming upstairs to vacuum up the renovation mess and instead sit here and do my NOT ME MONDAY post!

9 comments:

laura bacon said...

Your list is great!! I also, did not eat Krispy Kreme donuts, since I am working toward better health! I also cannot relate to avoiding housework... now that would not be good! : ) I'll keep checking back!

Pam Bowers said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Of course I had to come read your not me's. What a great list. I can not relate to the kid thing but everything else rang a bell. Then I noticed your blog looked familiar and I realize yours was one of the few I checked out last week from the not me link list. It is a small world after all.

Janet said...

Haha! I wish I had "not had" donuts this week! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ashley said...

It's been sooo long since i had a KK doughnut!! i can't wait until i can have one again.

As for the Shack, i just hope that people aren't holding to it as scriptural. I liked it alot as far as entertainment, but there were alot of things that just weren't biblical you know. what was your take on it?

Anonymous said...

I've never ignored the advice in a parenting book either. No way - not me! And your secret is safe - as far as I know you have been busy vacuuming all evening....

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

Thanks for the comment on my Not me! post;) I also haven't enjoy visiting your blog. I don't have donuts quite often. I don't even like them, what's the deal? My favorite thing to do, or I mean, not do is walk (you know exercise) to the grocery store and get a donut and some coffe while I read magazines. Then, I walk home...So the donut doesn't count...right?

Anonymous said...

Your list is funny! I too fell into the donut trap! They're just so good!

Jennie said...

Those are great... I never watch TV when I should be doing housework or anything productive... also love that one of your fave movies is Sixteen Candles... mine too!!!!

Deanna said...

I love this! And I really appreciated the "not me's" on rocking the toddler to sleep or letting them have what they want for bedtime snacks. I say POO! on the parenting books...our almost 1 year old still sleeps in our room and won't go to sleep without mom or dad beside him. So what if it goes against all of the advice out there, he sleeps better with us and hasn't woken up screaming since we started doing this. It works for us! And I'm so drooling over a KK donut now!