Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

So far I've baked 3 Pecan Pies tonight. Tomorrow all I have to do is make the cranberry sauce which is for me as no one else likes it. Oh the joy of not having to make dressing and turkey. Yes I said dressing first, I like it more. However, that means I am stuck with other people's dressing and honestly I like my mother's recipe best. Maybe I'll make some for Christmas.

Today I have also worked out hard with my friend Sheila. Changed my blog background. Officially become a MckFriend. AND lo and behold found out I have followers! I never added the device because I couldn't imagine I would have any but I have 2. Bless you oh lovely people for making me feel loved tonight.

Today after reading that people from my neighborhood and even more shocking, The Dominion!(by way of explanation, George Strait lives in The Dominion)are hitting up the local food banks I really realize how thankful I should be. Yes, I can't keep my budget but if I would, we do have the means to pay off our evil CC debt. I am so blessed to be home with my kids and DH still has a good job to go to every week. It's a new job but since the promoted him after a few months to Regional Manager I'm hoping that is a good sign he won't be let go anytime soon! I can imagine how hard it is to go from affluence to bankruptcy. I have to assume that's the only choice for many in this real estate market. Even here in TX where the economy is better, homes aren't moving!

There is so much sadness and so much strength here in blogworld. As usual today I was blown away by the beautiful Christian women out there and the things they do in this world. At the same time I was heartbroken to read of children suffering through illness, poverty or in abusive situations. My mother used to read such accounts and say she just wanted it to end and for us to be with God. I never got it completely until I had my boys. For anyone to hurt them or for me to have to see them suffer is beyond what I hope to ever have to endure. Almost as much I feel a physical ache in my soul that any child in this land of plenty would lack for anything. Especially love.

I hope in the year to come I will stop focusing so much on my issues and reach out more to the world around me. God has blessed me with more than so many receive, I hope I can continue to see that and give of my time, my money, and myself more.

No comments: