Friday, January 9, 2009

Connor and Mommy, Home Alone

Dh and Sean are getting ready to go deer hunting. Yes, I said deer hunting and yes I'm thinking about painting Sean florescent orange before they leave. Mike assures me he will be safe but as hyper as he's been this afternoon I can just imagine him running through the forest as hunters fire! Okay, really, it's okay. Thousands of boys have gone deer hunting with their father's at the age of 7 and survived--right!?!?

Anyway, that will leave me and a very unhappy Connor at home until Sunday afternoon. I know he's going to be unhappy that both brother and Daddy are not only gone but gone somewhere together that he didn't get to go to. I'm hoping for an early night as I picked him up at MDO at 2 and woke him up. I will probably skip naptime tomorrow and go for a 7 PM bedtime just to have some time alone to myself.

Okay, Janet, Latin Fusion is this fun exercise class at my gym. I like Pilates but they charge per class for it and I'm already paying a ridiculous amount per month already. My friend tried the class and got me to go. It incorporates Latin dance moves (remember Baby in Dirty Dancing learning the steps--that kind) with a little hip-hop and belly dancing. I really like the instructor and I'm loving that it's starting to feel less like exercise and more like fun even though I'm drenched when it's over. That said, my instructor was out today and the one that sub'd was more into hip-hop and was too fast to change steps. So I was all excited and then let down but because she ended early I got the grocery shopping done before I had to pick up Connor from MDO. Incidentally, I found that the class can be applied to real life when they played a song at the New Years Eve party and I knew the steps. Mike didn't so I just danced around him while he wiggled as usual. It was fun that I recognized the beat. Of course without the glass of wine I probably wouldn't have done it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get on track with my exercise and the clutter. The house is much cleaner and we've gotten rid of a couch and chair. I've got more to sell in the garage but I'll wait until Mike is back to do that. I really need to paint the bedrooms and redecorate as Connor's is still a nursery theme and Sean's is more preschool. I should trade rooms but Sean doesn't want to and his is over the kitchen so that isn't a good place for Connor if I want him to sleep! I'm planning to paint all 3 rooms blue. Connor will get chocolate accent paint and I have the cutest circles that stick up but are moveable that will go on the upper half of the walls. I'm planning to buy some Star Wars stick up characters for Sean. It will also be blue because it's for Sean and everything MUST be blue for Sean. I want to paint my room blue as well because it's the same brown as the rest of the house and I want it to be more restful.

Of course, first I must buy the paint (I'm getting the Freshaire brand from Home Depot because it is VOCC free), then tape--I HATE taping, then actually paint when both boys aren't underfoot. Hmmm....hopefully I'll get this done before we decide to try and sell though house again in a few years, LOL

1 comment:

Janet said...

The latin fusion class sounds fabulous! I wish they offered something like that here. That would be right up my alley. I was going to start working out in the new year, but everyone has been so sick, there has been no way. I have an alumni membership at ASU, so can use all their nice facilities for way cheap instead of joining Gold's or something. Can't wait for us all to feel better so I can get started.