Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday



I did not spend most of the weekend laying around the house watching kid shows with Connor. No, with Mike and Sean gone I was totally efficient and not only got loads of chores done I worked out too, NOT!

That said, part of the reason I was lazy was not because my little Connor chose to wake up before 6 each day--well before 6 Sunday joining me in bed around 5 AM. Being a good Mommy I of course sent him straight back to bed. I did not provide him with juice then proceed to let him sleep on me on both the couch and my bed because I was TIRED!

I did not run out to the the mess in the garage yesterday in my only fit of energy and find the antique guns Mike accused me of losing. I did not, however, fail to find the DVDs he brought home from Iraq. Of course, it might not possibly be because I was afraid of something collapsing on myself or Connor or having my finger cut off when I found saw blades laying in a dark box I was digging through in the corner.

I did not spend too many hours last night searching for a background for my blog because I deleted the background and The Cutest Blog on the Block has been down for days. Once I found something that actually worked with my template I did not then spend more time adjusting the colors to where I liked them. I did not then watch the movie I got 2 days ago so I could return it and thus go to bed at 2 AM. I know better than that since Connor was on a roll waking up early!

I did not check out when Mike and Sean arrived home at 2 this afternoon. Essentially, we were splitting the load each having a child so I have no reason to be so tired now. Of course he did get the one who sleeps...

I did not just spend 15 minutes crying over the video on Bring the Rain, http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ , and reread the story of Audrey again to compound the tears. I am not completely blown away by Angie and others who show so much strength, courage, and faith in God. I do not feel humbled and so unworthy because I let so little get me down and wonder why God's "picking on me" when He's given me so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave me more ideas for my I did not..... It feels so good to confess our dirty little secrets : )

Jessi Dawn said...

Deborah,
I found you off your comment on my dad's NMM post ("Preacher Kevin"). I love your NMMs! Great. Glad I am not the only one who does NOT waste time decorating her blog.. Ah-hem. Because I so do not have anything important to do, right? Wink wink.
Blessings,
Jess