Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday



First and foremost, I didn't neglect to blog for an entire week so that my last blog was actually a Not Me Monday blog!

That said I would have lots of excuses for doing so as DH was not at home all week and didn't take plenty of time off to play with the boys.

My children, including the tall one that pays the bills, are not now Wii obsessed. Not my family, and I would certainly not allow them to play for hours on end. I insist on reading, writing, and beneficial activities for my kids.

Our poor little doggy is not feeling neglected for that Wii the boys are not obsessed with.

I did not have 3 glasses of wine New Years Eve and ask DH if I acted silly. First, I never drink (okay that one is almost true) and if I did, I would know that 3 drinks in 4 hours with food would not make me silly. I am NOT overly concerned with how people perceive me. Not at all, especially at a party where I knew all of 3 people and that includes DH.

I have not fallen in love with my Latin Fusion exercise class and I certainly did not ask the instructor if she does it more than once a week. I am not considering asking DH to put the kids to bed on Mondays so I can take the 8 PM class too.

I am also not secretly intrigued because she throws in a few belly dancing moves because I have always thought it would be fun to learn to belly dance--for the exercise of course!

I did not fail yet again to make enchiladas tonight. I am also not really regretting not letting my mother teach me to make Mexican food so I'd know how to get those darn corn tortillas not to tear every time! I did not tell DH that at least my chili is good because that would be admitting I can cook SOMETHING right.

I am not dreading bedtime because Connor took a nap so will be impossible to get to sleep tonight.

And no, I did not just admit I keep my child up some days so bedtime will go easy and be early because I want some "me time".

3 comments:

Becky said...

I have so been neglecting my blog lately. Just seems like I don't really have anything to talk about. Yeah, I'm really boring.
My mom took belly dancing classes before my sister and I were born! You should totally do it...she absolutely loved it, and I'll catch her makes the moves every once in a while!
Good luck with the sleeping tonight.
Beck

Kristin said...

Hi Deborah, Thanks for stopping by my blog! The great thing about your "Not me! Mondays" being back to back is that I got to read two great posts at once! I too contemplate (each day) if I want to skip naptime or not - the kids love it when we do - I love it when bedtime can be earlier! e all win! Blessings, Kristin

Janet said...

I love reading your "Not Me Monday" posts because I can really relate to them. So tell us more about this Latin Fusion class. I am very intrigued.