Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This weekend I certainly did not go to a skating party and think that I would be able to not only skate but help teach my kids even though I haven't really skated since high school.

Once there, I certainly did not discover the wheels were much more rolly that I expected and my balance was much worse than I expected. It had to be the loose wheels right.

I certainly did NOT carry my 2 year old, while on skates, because he started whining. AND even though I was on the carpet I did not carry my 2 year old, while on skates, and then use my other hand to help my 7 year old past the opening I DID NOT suddenly feel my skate sliding forward. Because said 2 year old was NOT on my hip, while I was on skates, I certainly did not have no way to grab the rail. That said, I did not fall flat on my back, scraping it on that useless concrete half-wall, hit my head on the floor all the while NOT holding said 2 year old who also did not fall with me.

I am not now really fed up with the world including some people in my family because other than removing said 2 year old to discover he was not injured it is NOT possible that NO ONE helped me up or checked that I was okay. I, of course, do not have scrapes down my back and what feels like a bruised tailbone among other bruises.

Okay, I am not using this forum to complain and discovering that 2 days later this is still NOT an issue.

I did not, however, have another issue that has NEVER happened to me (this never is real despite the fact that I have 2 kids that were determined not to face the world at their birth and you do not even want to know what level episiotomy--spellcheck is not working and I cannot spell this word!-- I had) because I did not kinda have to find a restroom before the incident and really needed one after. Did you know that this skating rink doesn't have doors on their stalls in the girls room. I do now!

I did not then proceed to tell other family members who shall remain nameless because apparently I am not still miffed at them, that I was going out to the car and might leave to get a soda because of the issue I have never had happen before.

I did not then drive to Macy's up the street(they WERE having a sale of course) and proceed to purchase a lovely new pair of jeans which I did not need anyway because I only have 3 pair that fit. Said family members still haven't noticed the new jeans!

I have not decided that I need to shake my life up a little and enjoy it more. Thus I am not about to drive to the store to purchase a demi-permenant haircolor in RED. I have fought my red highlights since high school so why on earth would I give in and go red now.

I am not also really truly for the first time considering getting that tattoo I've been dreaming about for the last few years. I think maybe I've decided if the people at church have a problem with me getting an ICTHUS on my ankle they need to cut loose a little. We'll see is I really do not go through with this one!

Okay, I did not use this whole forum to not only admit something so embarrassing about myself, and still manage to complain about certain members of my family even though I did not already have to delete a post where I complained much more indepth.

7 comments:

kristyo15 said...

Great Not Me's! I hope your back gets better! I haven't been on skates in FOREVER! We're fellow Texans too...Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week. Oh yeah, I hope the hair turns out okay! :)

Anonymous said...

I love these! I'm not sure if I would visit the skating rink anytime soon : )

Ohilda said...

I love your Not Me's. I must say that you have great courage carrying a 2 year old while trying to skate, even if it was on carpet. Yikes! I could barely carry my own body on skates.

Ohilda

Mama SeWELL said...

Great NMM as well, and youre a brave soul to carry a 2 yr old on skates! Everybody has tattoos nowadays, I think if you want one, dont worry about what anyone else thinks. Do it for you, just make sure its something you'd like to look at forever. My Tweety Bird is a everyday reminder of what not to get when youre 18. Dont get me wrong I still like Tweety,... on the tv, just not so much hanging out on my hip bone. ;-)

Kate Craig said...

my reactions...

OWWWWW then GROSS then LOL!

I would yell at you for the diet coke, but that would be totally hypocritical. :)

Kate Craig said...

and there I go using totally again! I promise I'm not in Jr. High...

Jessi Dawn said...

Oh No! Falling at the roller rink! So not funny! Are you OK?? So sorry; how awful. That is so something I would do. Perhaps I might learn from your mistake. If you don't mind... Note to self; do NOT try to roller skate with kid on hip. Ok, got it!

Blessings,
Jess

PS Hope you enjoy your much deserved new jeans!