Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Busy Sunday at Fiesta TX and IL's

What a long, long day. Fiesta TX was inexplicably closed yesterday so we skipped church to meet a friend there today instead. It was a nice outing but Connor still isn't quite ready for most of the rides. We finally left at 2 and headed over to my in-laws. Mike insisted we should see them today because it is their anniversary this week. I told him I didn't even know when my parents anniversary was and I didn't think his parents knew when ours was but... Okay maybe I'm the bad one and most kids celebrate their parents anniversary but I don't think so--excluding big one's like 50 of course.

My pet-peeve today is School Fundraisers. I would so much rather write a big check to the school than do this. Since I practically have no family to hit up and I don't work that doesn't leave much. Mike barely knows the people at his new job so won't take it there so that leaves the IL's. So I had Sean give it to them today and true to form they ordered 1 package of candy. Yes that's 1. I'm over here ordering every small item in the stupid catalogue so Sean can get more prizes probably worth a buck and they order a measly bad of peanuts. Okay, yes I know I sound whiny but come on. I really want the canvas portrait made from the photo but its over $30 and I could order 3 things or more for that so I'll go with the junky stuff to make Sean happy. I wish he'd just let me take him to the dollar store--we'd both end up with more stuff that way!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Sorry about your IL's. I unfortunately have a very selfish MIL and it makes a lot of things hard. I agree with the fundraiser thing too. Kids do way to many of them, and they are never worthwhile. The school needs to have better ideas. The first week of school we already had about 3 little kids ringing our doorbell with fundraisers. Sheesh! I don't mind helping, but they do way too many, and too soon!