Monday, September 22, 2008

Finally back

Not back from anywhere though of course just finally decided to post. The boys are playing downstairs so it may be quick or not depending on how it goes. Sean has been so sweet to Connor lately and after several bad reports from school has had a few good days. In fact he was so good at church Sunday Mike asked him if he was a different child. Probably not a good idea but...

Friday night Mike and I went to see Santana. Not somewhere I would normally go but I'm trying to be more spontaneous. We were lucky enough to get invited by Terry and Sheila who had free tickets--one of the perks of being manager of Mad Dogs I guess--AND get a great babysitter at the last minute. Sean's friend Nik's grandmother not only came on short notice she got both boys to sleep. That is huge for me as no one but Mike or I, mostly "I", have ever done that other than MDO naps. I'm trying to let go some. We now all (all being the 3 couples that went Friday) want to try a night out at PollyEsters for dancing. It's been 4 years since I've been there--for Mike's 20th Reunion--so I guess it's time. Not sure what I have to wear out though and I'm wondering if I can lose 20 pounds in a few weeks, LOL!

Things have been somewhat calmer despite the illness of everyone in the family over the last few weeks. It's making me realize that I do need to stay on my Effexor instead of trying to do it myself. If I can get through all the cleaning and mess of Sean throwing up all over the house without getting too stressed there is surely something in the meds I need!

Well, I got the digital camera so now I need to figure out how to download photos to add to this. I took a few of the boys watching the circus Saturday--it was a big weekend for us! I haven't had any photos of Connor, other than professional, since Christmas as Mike's camera was stolen in February while he was in Europe. Sad that it took us until now to replace it.

I met the nicest lady today. She bought the stroller I posted on Craigslist and I'm glad she did. She just moved here before her 3 month old was born and doesn't know anyone. To make matters worse her husband was deployed to Iraq despite the fact he is retiring in a year. I guess her neighborhood isn't too friendly and her older children are having trouble in school. Unfortunately alot of it has to do with where they bought but I'm trying not to say too much. They needed better guidance from the realtor but then her husband is at Lackland and they are fairly close to it. I'm hoping to find some middle ground where we can meet so I can prove Texans are in fact friendly. Plus I think we have alot in common, YAY!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

I'm glad to see you're "back" :)

Can't wait to see more pics of the boys. I bet the circus was a blast!!