Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Morning

Everyone had a great night last night and got some good sleep. This morning it is a little rainy and still cool but they said we are coming to the end of our cool front. As much as I love living in Texas, and I really do, I don't like the hot weather. I don't want blizzards either but 4 distinct seasons would be nice. Logistically, I would be better off in another part of TX but this is where I think God wants us right now. Plus, as Mike pointed out during the Waco fiasco, at least I am familiar with the town and have our church should we ever have another emergency situation.

Speaking of church, I am so happy that they are collecting clothes for the Ike evacuees. I have so many things from the boys that I was planning to take to the Salvation Army but now I know where they will be going and that's better. I also pulled things out for Noah but haven't taken them over to Don yet. Since I haven't seen Noah lately I'm not sure what size he wears. Since he's a year younger than Connor you would think things would fit him but last time I saw him he was almost the same size. Don said he's not growing as fast as before. That makes sense as he is almost 1 1/2 and probably not taking as many bottles. Connor sure slowed down at that point as well. Both my boys are such light eaters--too bad their Mommy doesn't have that problem!

I'm still trying to get the house cleaned up from the aftermath of the family illness, lol! I did about 6 loads of laundry that day and I've still got some extra sheets and a comforter in the corner of the loft. I want to wash everything anyone touched even if it doesn't look dirty. It's probably not helping to have it out where Connor can lay on it though! Still, I really need to wash some clothes as I haven't done that since Sunday so I'm very behind. I'm actually limited to what color tops I can wear (because my white bra needs washing!) so something needs to get done.

I have to take Connor to KidSpace again as I have a doctors appointment. Actually, it's just a follow-up so no big deal but it's been rescheduled twice already. He seemed to enjoy the gym the other day and bible study yesterday so maybe he won't mind for an hour or two. I think maybe it's starting to get more fun then just hanging out with Mommy. We'll see tomorrow when I take him to MDO. So far that's been an issue when I leave and he's not napping. I can't wait to get to cleaning the garage tomorrow. I'm not sure what we have piled back there. I'm hoping to use that camera I get today, for Mike of course (ha, ha), to take some photos and get some stuff on Craigslist so I can get it out of here. I don't like to deal with it unless Mike is here so the weekend is the best time for people to pick stuff up. Okay, off to check my son. Not a bad post. Not exciting but I'm not pissed off so hey, I'm making progress!

No comments: