Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BUGS!

Oh my gosh, I HATE bugs. I'm so phobic it's really really sad--especially for someone with a Psych degree because I know I should face it but EEK, they'd make me touch the things!!!

Today I've spent at least an hour trying to find out if the bug below bug stings or bites. I'm thrilled I finally have a name for the sucker but cannot find any info on biting, etc. People seem thrilled to post photos (gives me the heebie-jeebies just to look at them!) of them and discuss details but not the main one for me. We get them in the fall here and they love the trees we have on the side of the house. It's the second house we've had with those trees and I noticed an increase of these bugs so concluded a correlation (that's Statistics of Psych terminology, LOL!) Anyway, one landed on me while Connor and I were playing T-Ball outside. It didn't bite but I have so many "run-in's" with them I'm determined to get an answer. Do I believe with 2 beautiful boys to talk about that I am actually wasting my time blogging about a bug--yes and if you have phobias you understand.

As far as they boys, they are keeping me busy. Connor thinks he's a cat. Hmmm, wonder if cats eat those bugs? I've been wanting to get a cat, besides Connor of course. Sean is a handful. Still eating like crazy but his behavior is still not where it should be. Again, I'm still lost on that front.

Mike is now officially promoted to I guess Regional Manager is the correct title. I'll have to ask him but it's over most of TX. He's a little overwhelmed with getting promoted before he really mastered the last position but I told him not to say "NO". We'll see what happens next since he was promoted in 4 months with this company. Actually, I think they had it in mind when they hired him. Hopefully, he will still be happy. So far he's glad he didn't stay with the company in Waco even though they told him he'd take over a company w/in 2 years. He'd like to have a little more time for the boys than that would allow. He's hoping this one will not take over his entire life.

Okay I'm posting the photo of the bug. If any of the few people who read this know if the things stings please tell me. Yes, I'm totally irrational but I can't help it. Fortunately, the things seem to fly slowly so I can usually outrun them--they do tend to fly right for you though. Mike says they don't' see well but I think they are aggressive personally!
Photobucket

No comments: