Friday, October 17, 2008

Could there be an end in sight?

I've been feeling miserable all week with some odd thing that makes me congested and nauseous at the same time. I've been blaming it on allergies since Benadryl makes me feel better, but in truth I noticed that Benadryl helps my nausea while I was pregnant with Connor. I took some for allergies as it was on my approved list and I actually felt normal--did I mention I get sick all day every day for about 5 months while I'm pregnant, both times. Until I got the Zofran I would allow myself one Benadryl a week and it was heaven to both feel okay AND sleep!

Anyway, I'm totally digressing. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. The scary thing is I've said that alot the last few years. Yes, Connor isn't the best sleeper in the world but even when I go a few weeks with no wake ups I'm still tired. I did okay when Mike was gone but I'm being to think that literally was an ACT OF GOD. Anyway, I've had a thought off and on about my Mirena. I actually discussed having it out last year but the doctor talked me into keeping it. My PMS gets so bad at times I've taken pregnancy tests just in case. Even when I was working out during the Spring I only managed to get 10 pounds off and still not down to where I was when I got pregnant. That was already 7 pounds or so higher than normal since I stress ate during my mother's Cancer (if you don't know, I got pregnant the week after she died). Obviously I didn't lose since by the time I got back on a workout program I was a month along.

Okay, so Mike has been bringing it up lately that I should get it removed. Because I spot off and on so much. After reading up I see alot of women with alot of my issues I didn't know were possibly related. The weight gain, increased depression, mood swings, back pain, acne, pelvic pain, decreased libedo (now you know way to much about me, LOL!), panic attacks, restlessness, headaches, etc. I've been getting dull pains in my right lower abdominal also that I never told anyone about AND I get winded and ache just climbing the stairs. Have I mentioned that I'm really thinking about having a mid-life crisis because all of this has made me feel so OLD!

I'm really really hoping and praying it is related to the IUC so I can finally feel better. On Monday I'm going to try and call a new doctor--my doctor doesn't take our new insurance--but I'm not sure how to find one that isn't so PRO-MIRENA. From the posts I read that seems to happen alot. I just really really hope this will help because I'm not ready to be old yet, especially since I need to chase a 2 year old around. The weird thing but good as it matches my issues, is that the symptoms these women have often seem to start awhile after they got the IUC and at times they are somewhat better. I geuss it's because the hormones fluctuate.

Okay, that's my rant for today. Tomorrow maybe I'll finally download the softwear for my camera so I can post pic's of my boys. Actually, the post could be much more negative because I was in a mood today to scream about how selfish everyone is. After being cut off and cut in front of by people who thought it was my problem that they didn't get in the correct lane to begin with, my mood swing was definitely toward the negative side! At least with this post even though I'm complaining at least I'm hopeful I might be a happier person in the future. Hope, hope, hope, pray, pray, pray...

4 comments:

Janet said...

Aw, girl, I know what it's like to feel sick all the time. I am so tired of dealing with my issues, and I came across a few more roadblocks on the road to (what I hope is) happiness just a few weeks ago. It makes everything seem overwhelming again, when I thought I was almost "fixed". I really hope you can find a good Dr. that can take care of your mirena and hopefully you can feel better. It is so hard taking care of kiddos when you feel bad!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! Sounds like your in some real pain!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness... this must be a God thing.

I've been trying to figure out this nausea thing lately and I've been wondering about the Mirena thing too.

Such a small world to "stumble" across someone else dealing with the same thing.

Are you feeling better yet? Did you find a less Pro-Mirena doctor?

Praying you are better!

Rachel said...

Thanks for replying to my comment...

Just from my past experience - dealing with PCOS (Stein-Leventhal) and being given an infertility diagnosis (go check out what that "infertility" led to on our miracle blog!)

I've learned that often people with the worst symptoms will post (including me) - in hopes of giving others a fair way to decide what they want to do for themselves.

And sometimes my research has been not a good thing when it creates worry ("Don't fret" - Psalm 37) that God did not intend for me to carry.

My prayer for you and for me - that God will give us wisdom in making decisions for the bodies he has given us. That God will bless us with health and deliver us from any ailments.

Keep praying and I will too!