Friday, October 10, 2008

Costumes

I wish I could get paid for the man hours I put into the boys, and Mike's, Halloween costumes. If only I'd listened to my mother and took Home Ec and could sew it would all be so much easier. I decided Connor should be Curious George and that I would create a Man in the Yellow Hat for Mike (because they are $40 online before tax and shipping!).

I spent last Friday running around from Goodwill to Goodwill searching for parts to costumes for Mike and Sean. Sean will be Cooper from a Playstation game--he's a "good" Raccoon Thief, um okay right?!? I'm carrying around the game cover trying to match things to it. So far I found a cane, a mask, a hat I can dye to match and he has gloves and a shirt. I guess I'll have to hand sew the pants (they are fur so essentially no pants at all-- and I threatened to just make Sean go bare down below, LOL!), tail and ears. Mike got a yellow shirt and I'm going to get some yellow scrub pants to match. I will paint a witches hat yellow and he can wear boots. None of the Halloween stores have George so I thought I'd order online. Guess what? They are out of toddler sizes of the version I want. Drat!!!! So now I'm trying to win one on EBAY. I'm so limited because it can't be too warm since it's still in the 80s here.

I'm reading at Sean's school Halloween and planned to match the book until I found out the teacher picked one about a duck running for president. I just don't feel like being a duck all day. I've got enough "fluff" without adding more! Besides I don't have the energy to try and come up with a duck suit. Guess I'll just wear the purple shirt with the black glitter bats I got yesterday. I thought the "You don't scare me. I've got kids!" shirt I also got (orange and black) wouldn't be appropriate at school. I'll save it for Trick or Treat and the Harvest Fest at church.

Okay one more hour and they should be asleep. Connor was up from 2:30-4:30 last night so I'm beat but I've had so much caffeine today I probably won't sleep anyway...

Sean had his bike rodeo today so I'm adding a few pictures. He has a major crush on the little girl in his class picture that won the trophy. He gets all silly when he sees her picture and he said he plans to be in love with her when he grows up!
bike rodeo
1st grade class

No comments: